ZAP docker errors - Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Ruchira Sahan

Nov 27, 2021, 7:14:11 PM11/27/21
to OWASP ZAP User Group
I have tried to run a scan for a web site using docker image. I ran the standard full scan using,

zap-full-scan.py -t https://website.com

I'm getting following errors,

heap space.png

out of mem.png

How can I increase heap space in the docker image?

Thanks

Ruchira Sahan

Nov 27, 2021, 7:15:20 PM11/27/21
to OWASP ZAP User Group
Scan was run on a computer with 32GB RAM and 32 cores if that helps

Simon Bennetts

Nov 29, 2021, 4:26:27 AM11/29/21
to OWASP ZAP User Group
You might need to increase the memory available to ZAP and/or docker.
This page explains how to increase ZAP's memory via the desktop: https://www.zaproxy.org/docs/desktop/ui/dialogs/options/jvm/
You might need to do some playing around as you'll need to get the .ZAP_JVM.properties file updated before calling zap.sh

Increasing the memory available to docker will depend on which platform you are running it on.
I know I had to do that on my Mac book, I just googled it ;)

Cheers,

simon