Some content can’t be displayed when opening a web page through the zap proxy

Wang Kevin

Mar 19, 2023, 8:59:08 PM3/19/23
to OWASP ZAP User Group

Hi,

When using the zap as the proxy or just using the inner firefox of the zap, some content of the web page can’t be displayed. The link of the web page is http://quote.eastmoney.com/f1.html?newcode=0.000930. Sorry for the unconvenient that there is only the Chinese version of the page. I copied the normal picture and the abnormal one below.

Wang Kevin

Mar 19, 2023, 9:00:26 PM3/19/23
to OWASP ZAP User Group
Screenshot from 2023-03-20 08-34-37.png

Screenshot from 2023-03-20 08-34-52.png

Wang Kevin

Mar 19, 2023, 9:01:36 PM3/19/23
to OWASP ZAP User Group

You can see that there is no data on the bottom of the page when using the zap proxy.

Could you give me some help with how to solve the problem? Thanks!

thc...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2023, 4:40:04 AM3/20/23
to zaprox...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

How is that data accessed? Is there any error in the ZAP log?
https://www.zaproxy.org/faq/where-does-zap-put-its-logs/

Best regards.

Wang Kevin

Mar 21, 2023, 12:07:36 AM3/21/23
to OWASP ZAP User Group
With the link http://quote.eastmoney.com/f1.html?newcode=0.000930 completely opened, the content should be automatically shown, which is just as that the first picture displayed how the data is shown normally.
Sorry, I can't find any useful error information in the log.

thc...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2023, 12:44:11 PM3/21/23
to zaprox...@googlegroups.com
Does it show any error in the browser console?

Best regards.

Wang Kevin

Mar 22, 2023, 11:40:46 PM3/22/23
to OWASP ZAP User Group
Sorry, how to check that? Where is the browser console?

Wang Kevin

Mar 23, 2023, 11:50:04 PM3/23/23
to OWASP ZAP User Group
I think there is no error reported on the browser console.

Wang Kevin

Mar 23, 2023, 11:50:10 PM3/23/23
to OWASP ZAP User Group
I think there is no error reported on the browser console.

thc...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2023, 4:51:04 AM3/24/23
to zaprox...@googlegroups.com
Is the site public? Could you provide the URL?

Best regards.

Wang Kevin

Mar 25, 2023, 8:42:08 AM3/25/23
to OWASP ZAP User Group
Yes, it is public. The link is http://quote.eastmoney.com/f1.html?newcode=0.000930. And I have attached the  two pictures for the normal and abnormal cases in my previous posts which are on the top.

thc...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2023, 4:57:39 AM3/27/23
to zaprox...@googlegroups.com
Thank you! That's a problem related to server-sent events. Will check
what's wrong.

Best regards.

Andrey Maksimov

Aug 2, 2023, 4:15:31 AM8/2/23
to ZAP User Group
Having similar problem related to Server-Sent Events.
ZAP just keeps making requests and getting responses instead of establishing SSE connection.
ZAP works the same way regardless of SSE-addon being installed or not. Looks like SSE-addon just doesn't work.

Wang Kevin

Aug 26, 2023, 12:15:06 AM8/26/23
to ZAP User Group
Hi, should I install some addon manually on ZAP, for example, the SSE-addon? Is this issue caused by some error of SSE-addon? If so, do you have any suggestion for a replacement? Thanks!