ZAP News (and CFU) service(s)

Simon Bennetts

Nov 24, 2021, 9:49:42 AM11/24/21
to OWASP ZAP User Group
ZAP makes a small number of "calls home" by default - you can turn these off if you want.
Historically these have been to bitly.com addresses which has concerned some people.
We have recently implemented our own services to handle these calls.

The "Check for Updates" request is handled by the ZAP core so we cant push that change out until we have a new full version, but the "News" request is handled by the Quick Start add-on and we have recently updated that to use the new News service.

All of the calls home are documented in the FAQ: What 'calls home' does ZAP make?

If you have any other questions or concerns then please reply to this thread or contact me directly.

Many thanks,

Simon