Passive scan - is there a way to kick it back off if interrupted?

Nicole Errante

Sep 23, 2021, 5:11:24 PM9/23/21
to OWASP ZAP User Group
Partially a curiosity question and partially a "if it gets stuck I might have to force close it" question... If you have things in your passive scan queue and you close out of ZAP, it gives you the nice warning that there are things still in queue, but of course allows you to close.  Is there any way to rescan those things to make sure you have covered everything short of doing another full active scan? I wasn't sure if there was a way to just passive scan things.

Thanks as always.
Nicole

kingthorin+owaspzap

Sep 23, 2021, 9:51:24 PM9/23/21
to OWASP ZAP User Group
Passive scanning runs on spiders or proxied traffic, so you'd have to spider or proxy the traffic again.

Nicole Errante

Sep 24, 2021, 2:31:15 PM9/24/21
to OWASP ZAP User Group
Appreciate that!  That's what I figured but thought I'd double check.  Thanks to searching this group, I figured out the hold up (tags) and was able to knock out 100,000+ queue in no time at all. But still good to know how everything works!