found server side injection on Yahoo, help on finding an exploit

johanna curiel curiel

Sep 6, 2015, 8:04:33 PM9/6/15
to OWASP ZAP Evangelists Group
Dear evangelists

I'm my crusade on using zap for bug hunting I found a server side injection with zap at yahoo:
go to

copy paste
%3C%21--%23EXEC+cmd%3D%22ls+%2F%22—%3E

press search

It gets injected

Yahoo mentioned that if I'm able to find an exploit then they could consider it a risk

Any ideas how to proceed on this?

cheers

Johanna
Screenshot 2015-08-29 22.33.34.png

Zack Syn

Sep 7, 2015, 4:12:26 AM9/7/15
to johanna curiel curiel, OWASP ZAP Evangelists Group

Hello Johanna,

Hiw do you know it gets injected ? I can't reproduce it (classic you might say).

a little bit of literature : https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Testing_for_SSI_Injection_%28OTG-INPVAL-009%29

Cheers,

Zack

johanna curiel curiel

Sep 7, 2015, 7:06:21 AM9/7/15
to Zack Syn, OWASP ZAP Evangelists Group
Yahoo was able to reproduce the injection but they wanted a exploit to consider it a real threat