How about an Evangelist meetup?

Yvan Boily

Feb 8, 2021, 1:48:45 PM2/8/21
to OWASP ZAP Evangelists Group

Hi Folks,

The list of ZAP evangelists has grown quite a bit since the last time I looked at it!  Most of my talks lately have included ZAP as some part of it, whether it's completely focused like the internal trainings I run at my current and previous roles, or using ZAP to demonstrate how to bypass security controls or abuse applications without basic validation.

I am really curious about what this group could accomplish if we started having regular meetups and collaborating with the ZAP developers to drive consistent messaging about new features.

Are folks interested in having an initial meetup to discuss this?

Some topics I would like to review:
  • Feedback from ZAP leadership on what features/capabilities they would like promoted
  • Make a list of "canned" presentations that are easy for speakers at multiple levels to easily use
  • Figure out a cadence of meetups (e.g. monthly, quarterly) that are focused on building a cohesive evangelism plan (and respectful of the fact that this is global community, so centering each meetup on a specific region and/or other other languages as well!)
  • Coordinating to promote ZAP at local/regional conferences (online now, and in person after COVID-19 is behind us)
  • Other stuff?
Also, and this is really important, I hope everyone is managing well with everything going on in the world right now, and I really don't want anyone to feel pressured to step up to the place if it's not the right time for you individually to take more on!

Cheers,
Yvan Boily

Simon Bennetts

Feb 9, 2021, 4:14:27 AM2/9/21
to OWASP ZAP Evangelists Group
Love this idea - thanks Yvan!

Who's on for it and what times of day would be best for you?
(UTC/GMT to help conversions;)

Many thanks,

Simon

Ammar Brohi

Feb 9, 2021, 4:21:45 AM2/9/21
to Simon Bennetts, OWASP ZAP Evangelists Group
Thanks Yarn & Simon,

I'm on, 10am to 8pm GMT everyday.
Let's do this!

Best,
Ammar

Yvan Boily

Feb 10, 2021, 12:55:52 AM2/10/21
to Ammar Brohi, Simon Bennetts, OWASP ZAP Evangelists Group
It's Yvan, but I am pretty open minded about my name :)

I will give folks another day or so to respond, then put together a doodle or some other scheduling tool and directly email the folks that are on the Zap Evangelist list as this group, and aim for a first call the week after next (gives me time to set up a doc and put in an outline for the call, and circulate it for some input as well).

Cheers,
Yvan Boily

Darshit Varotaria

Feb 11, 2021, 2:58:24 AM2/11/21
to Yvan Boily, Ammar Brohi, OWASP ZAP Evangelists Group, Simon Bennetts
Great!! Lets do this Yarn & Simon.

Im up from 9 AM to 10 PM IST. Prefer to be on weekends but I can try to adjust time and day according to majority. :)

Cheers!!

Zack Syn

Feb 11, 2021, 3:28:21 AM2/11/21
to Darshit Varotaria, Yvan Boily, Ammar Brohi, OWASP ZAP Evangelists Group, Simon Bennetts
Hi Guys,

I'll try to join you whenever you plan ;)

Cheers,

Zack

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand Binary
and those who dont.