ZAP Group issues

psiinon

Mar 17, 2023, 7:24:00 AM3/17/23
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group, zaprox...@googlegroups.com
We know that some of you are having problems posting to the ZAP groups.
It appears that Google Groups is being too aggressive when trying to identify spam.

We can see the "spam" messages in the Groups' admin panels and do approve them and try to flag the posters as valid.
However while the messages do then see to get through via email they still do not seem to appear in the Groups' web UI and future messages from the authors still seem to get flagged :(

Unfortunately Google does not seem to be maintaining Groups.

Our current plan is to check the spam section much more regularly (the notifications can take several days to be sent) and to reply directly to messages which appear to have been deleted in the Groups UI.

If anyone has any better suggestions as to things we could do to improve this then please let us know.

Note that we do not really want to set up yet another type of forum as we have a lot of options documented here: https://www.zaproxy.org/community/
If Google kills Group's then we will obviously have to revisit this option.

Cheers,

Simon

--
OWASP ZAP Project leader