Plugin [id: 'org.zaproxy.common.settings'] was not found in any of the following sources:

Jacob Davison

Mar 17, 2024, 8:44:56 AMMar 17
to ZAP Developer Group
I am trying to setup a development environment using intellij by downloading the source code from GitHub. I have followed the setup guide and and imported the project. However when I run "Reload all Gradle projects" I get the following error.

Settings file '/Users/jdavison/Development/Java/zaproxy/buildSrc/settings.gradle.kts' line: 1

Plugin [id: 'org.zaproxy.common.settings'] was not found in any of the following sources:

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

Do I need to setup an init.gradle file with the details of the repository from which to download these dependencies?

thc...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2024, 9:58:09 AMMar 17
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

No, that plugin is available in the Gradle Plugin portal:
https://plugins.gradle.org/plugin/org.zaproxy.common.settings

Best regards.

Jacob Davison

Mar 18, 2024, 9:22:24 AMMar 18
to ZAP Developer Group
Hi, Thanks for the reply. I see the plugin in available in the repository. But somehow it is not getting downloaded and my build keeps failing in the IntelliJ. The other modules such as zap-hud, zap-extension etc. are loaded successfully. Only the zaproxy is failing.
However it passes this hurdle when I add a specific version like

plugins {
`kotlin-dsl`
id("com.diffplug.spotless") version "6.20.0"
id("org.zaproxy.common")
}

I get a different error after this which I am still working. Can you please confirm what specific version should I use the above case? Is this a bug?
Regards

Jacob Davison

Mar 19, 2024, 7:17:02 AMMar 19
to ZAP Developer Group
Hi, I managed to solve the issue but not sure what exactly the issue was. It may be due to multiple versions of com.diffplug.spotless in the cache.
Now let me continue with the rest of the coding contribution article. Thanks for looking into this.
Regards