Google Summer of Code - Contributors

psiinon

Jan 5, 2024, 12:36:20 PMJan 5
to ZAP Developer Group
We are once again hoping to take part in Google Summer of Code, but this time as part of the Linux Foundation instead of OWASP.

We also have a new set of GSoC pages on the website: https://www.zaproxy.org/docs/gsoc/

As you will see we have advice and guidance as well as a set of possible projects for this year.

If you'd like to contribute to ZAP as part of GSoC then you should start contributing to ZAP ASAP.

And please get in touch if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Simon

psiinon

Jan 11, 2024, 5:22:30 AMJan 11
to ZAP Developer Group
We covered GSoC and the proposed projects in the latest ZAP Chat video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm_ol-PA738

Cheers,

Simon

Aman Prakash

Jan 11, 2024, 1:26:13 PMJan 11
to ZAP Developer Group
Hey Simon,
I have some ideas for the project 'AI integration into zaproxy', part of GSOC 2024. Where should I share this, should  I mail it privately? And how should I describe that Idea?

psiinon

Jan 12, 2024, 4:41:59 AMJan 12
to ZAP Developer Group
Hiya!

Feel free to email us on zaprox...@googlegroups.com
That goes for anyone else who wants to contact the ZAP Core team / GSoC mentors privately too of course :)
I'll update the GSoC pages to add this soon.

Cheers,

Simon

psiinon

Feb 23, 2024, 6:02:39 AMFeb 23
to ZAP Developer Group
Unfortunately ZAP was not chosen to be a GSoC mentoring organisation :(

Please note that we do mentor people who wish to work on ZAP projects outside of initiatives like GSoC, so if you are interested in that then please get in touch via this group.

Many thanks,

Simon

Amit

Feb 23, 2024, 7:29:20 AMFeb 23
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com

Dear ZAP Maintainers,

While it's a bit sad that ZAP wasn't selected for GSoC, I'm still very interested in contributing to the gRPC support implementation (https://github.com/zaproxy/zaproxy/issues/7695).  I've already begun researching the project and experimenting with the code to find ways to implement it. Currently, I'm writing code to encode and decode gRPC messages.

I will be grateful to get  mentorship on this project, even outside the GSoC initiative?  I'm eager to discuss my ideas further and work on completing this valuable enhancement for ZAP.

Best regards,
Amit

psiinon

Feb 23, 2024, 7:40:08 AMFeb 23
to ZAP Developer Group
Hi Amit,

That is great news, and yes we would be delighted to mentor you :D
I will email you directly and we can carry on our discussions there..

Many thanks,

Simon

Moeez Ahmed

May 2, 2024, 7:59:50 PMMay 2
to ZAP Developer Group
Hi there,

My name is Moeez Ahmed, and I had the pleasure of working with ZAP almost a year ago. Recently, I learned that ZAP is in need of a new web GUI, and I'm interested in contributing to this project to both give back to the open-source community and enhance my skills further.

Before diving in, I have a few questions to ensure that I can contribute effectively and align with the project's goals:

    What specific GUI components or features are needed?
Understanding the requirements will help me tailor my contributions accordingly and ensure they meet the project's needs, is there any road-map or template available to have an idea?

    How much time and effort are you expecting for a successful completion?
 It's important for me to gauge the expected level of involvement to ensure I can allocate the necessary resources effectively, as I'm aiming to wrap it up within 2 months and I'm not a Pro here.

Additionally, I'm considering utilizing ReactJS and Tailwind CSS for developing the new GUI. Are these technologies compatible with the project's tech stack?

Furthermore, is there any other information or specific questions you'd like to address?

I'm excited about the opportunity to collaborate with the ZAP team again and contribute to this project. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
Moeez Ahmed

psiinon

May 7, 2024, 4:27:59 AMMay 7