Setting up Zap Development environment

Jatin Khatri

Jan 30, 2021, 3:54:36 AM1/30/21
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hello Everyone,
I am Jatin Khatri. I am currently studying in my second year. I am using zap for some time. I want to contribute to zap in every possible way that I can.

thc...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2021, 8:14:28 AM1/30/21
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com

Jatin Khatri

Jan 31, 2021, 1:17:54 AM1/31/21
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Thankyou!

Jatin Khatri

Jan 31, 2021, 7:00:11 AM1/31/21
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
I am using Intellij and JDK 11 for zap.
I was able to successfully start Dev Build Zap from command line but when running it via Intellij it shows "Add Configuration" dialog box and I don't know which template I have to use for running zap whether its Gradle, Jar appication, Java Scrach ot Junit.
In case of Eclipse I selected Java application and specified the path of the project under project tab but it was unable to search for main class and I tried with "Include system libraries..."
and "Include inherited mains..." also then also it didn't managed to find main class.

psiinon

Feb 2, 2021, 8:45:59 AM2/2/21
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
I'm afraid I don't use Intellij can can't help you with that.
But in Eclipse to start ZAP you need to run the Java class: org.zaproxy.zap.ZAP

Cheers,

Simon

thc...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2021, 7:49:19 AM2/3/21
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
There's a thread in this mailing list that explains how to setup ZAP
with IntelliJ IDEA.

Best regards.

psiinon

Feb 3, 2021, 7:58:59 AM2/3/21
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
We do want to keep improving the ZAP developer docs.
If anyone fancies helping us to improve them then get in touch - we have this section of the website that could do with lots more content :) https://www.zaproxy.org/docs/developer/

Many thanks,

Simon

Venkata Subrahmanyam

Feb 4, 2021, 12:31:42 AM2/4/21
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
I will add the Intellij integration to this shortly.

This mail is governed by the Disclaimer Terms of  SIU which may be viewed at http://siu.edu.in/disclaimer.php

psiinon

Feb 4, 2021, 4:31:37 AM2/4/21
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Great!
A new Intellij specific page might be best? We can then add similar pages for other IDEs as and when.

Looking forward to it :)

Simon