Seeking Advice on Hosting ZAP Live for Remote Access

GiveTurn Tech Expert

Dec 24, 2023, 2:31:49 AM12/24/23
to ZAP Developer Group
I can execute ZAP on my local host and access it through 'http://localhost:8080/'. I've developed a website scanner tool using Python and now aim to integrate ZAP into this tool. As ZAP supports API, I've successfully interacted with it through the API on my local host.

To make ZAP accessible from anywhere at any time, I need to run it on a live host rather than a local host. Although I attempted to deploy ZAP with Docker on Heroku, I encountered errors and I'm uncertain if this is the optimal or only method for hosting ZAP on a live host.

I'm interested in exploring alternative, simpler ways to host ZAP live so that it can be accessed from anywhere. Is it possible to host it on a server without using Docker? I appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

thc...@gmail.com

Dec 24, 2023, 8:26:10 AM12/24/23
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

What errors?

ZAP can be executed directly on the host.

Best regards.

GiveTurn Tech Expert

Dec 24, 2023, 11:25:54 AM12/24/23
to ZAP Developer Group
What type of host should I consider to use? Can I do it on shared hosting? Also could you please tell me in short about how can I do that? Any documentations on that? Thanks.

psiinon

Dec 28, 2023, 6:56:58 AM12/28/23
to ZAP Developer Group
No, we do not have any documentation on this, and its not something I would want to advise on.
Other people on this list may be able to help...

Cheers,

Simon