ZAP alert categorization in owasp top 10 vulnerabilities

Ricardo Estalder

Aug 24, 2021, 6:33:26 PM8/24/21
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group

Hello All

Could someone suggest around how to determine from ZAP report alerts that which alert fall under which OWASP top 10 vulnerability. For example, i had seen one example ZAP report where Reference column had OWASP top 10 URL as a value.

There are following columns in my ZAP report:

  • Title
  • Description
  • URL
  • Instances
  • Solution
  • Reference
  • CWE ID
  • WASC ID
  • Source ID

Although, it is obvious to say that we need to go through each alert in detail and logically map it to OWASP top 10. But was wondering if any alert attribute can help to figure it out.

psiinon

Aug 25, 2021, 3:27:42 AM8/25/21
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
I'm afraid I think its a manual process, although the CWE and WASC ID may help, where they are present.
I recently asked for help doing this mapping on this forum: https://groups.google.com/g/zaproxy-develop/c/fC-M9qGkoIs/m/0FtjlVTfAgAJ
No takers so far...

Cheers,

Simon

kingthorin+owaspzap

Aug 25, 2021, 7:40:11 AM8/25/21
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
This guide doc might be of interest, related to this topic: