Help displaying information in status panel

Miguel Pinto

Dec 12, 2022, 4:08:17 PM12/12/22
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hello everyone. :)

I am a university student doing a project on the Zap app. I created an extension which identifies potential performance improvements by measuring the type of resources being loaded, their size and how long the requests take. Furthermore, I am displaying the information in the status panel for the user to see. For some reason, I can't get my menu to fill the whole status panel as it happens for the other add-ons. Please see the attachments to understand better my problem. Do any of you suspect what could be the cause of it?

My class that implements the status panel extends AbstractPanel from the org.parosproxy.paros.extension package. Whenever I tried to increase the arguments in the setSize function, it did not increase.

Thanks in advance.
Captura de ecrã 2022-12-12, às 21.53.08.png
Captura de ecrã 2022-12-12, às 22.03.34.png
Captura de ecrã 2022-12-12, às 21.53.00.png

thc...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2022, 8:54:17 PM12/12/22
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

> Do any of you suspect what could be the cause of it?

The layout being used, try with BorderLayout, if the component is added
to the center (the default) it will be allowed to expand horizontally
and vertically.

Best regards.

psiinon

Dec 13, 2022, 4:43:23 AM12/13/22
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hiya!

This sounds like a really interesting project!
Let us know how you get on with it nd if you need any more advice and guidance.
I'd love to see this add-on in the ZAP Marketplace when its ready :D

Cheers,

Simon

Miguel Pinto

Dec 13, 2022, 7:31:23 AM12/13/22
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hello Simon!

By now we have concluded it for what was required. Our team developed four different add-ons for ZAP. We will later think about adding them to the Marketplace.

Kind regards,

Sérgio Miguel Pinto

psiinon

Dec 13, 2022, 8:06:20 AM12/13/22