Automation Job Outcome Tests

psiinon

Mar 29, 2021, 5:35:33 AM3/29/21
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Some of the initial automation jobs have parameters which allow you to warn or fail on specific conditions, eg as per the spider job:

- type: spider # The traditional spider - fast but doesnt handle modern apps so well
  parameters:
    failIfFoundUrlsLessThan: # Int: Fail if spider finds less than the specified number of URLs, default: 0
    warnIfFoundUrlsLessThan: # Int: Warn if spider finds less than the specified number of URLs, default: 0

As this is very generic functionality we plan to replace these specific parameters with a generic mechanisms that will apply to all jobs and be able to test any of the statistics maintained by ZAP: https://github.com/zaproxy/zaproxy/issues/6496
We plan to implement this soon so feedback here or on that issue appreciated asap.

Cheers,

Simon