External dependencies in Add-on, does ZAP Core need a declaration?

하훌 HAHWUL

Mar 13, 2022, 9:58:28 AM3/13/22
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hi ZAP Developers!
I'm make an addon now, I have one questions.

If I need to refer to an external dependencies in addon, does the zap core require implementation in dependency(zap.gradle.kts)?

## History
I applied it to the ZAP core and sent PR it before, There was feedback that it would be good to do it on add-on, and I'm only starting work now.

However, when I tried to bring up the part where I added look and feel in addon, "Failed to set the look and feel" occurred.

## Logs
intellijthemes.gradle.kts
스크린샷 2022-03-13 오후 10.43.00.png

in addon code
스크린샷 2022-03-13 오후 10.43.06.png

in zap
스크린샷 2022-03-13 오후 10.43.28.png

when change theme, boom error
스크린샷 2022-03-13 오후 10.42.44.png

thc...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2022, 11:04:10 AM3/13/22
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

The look and feels (L&Fs) would have to be set using the add-on class
loader to be able to find the add-on's L&Fs/classes.

Might be better to change core to explicitly allow add-ons to provide
L&Fs to properly manage them (e.g. set with correct class loader, unset
L&F and remove them when the add-on is uninstalled…).

Best regards.

하훌 HAHWUL

Mar 13, 2022, 7:51:54 PM3/13/22
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Thank you for your answer! It's a more complicated situation than I thought 😵‍💫

2022년 3월 14일 월요일 오전 12시 4분 10초 UTC+9에 thc202님이 작성:

thc...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2022, 12:50:45 PM4/29/22
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Instead of adding to the main list of L&Fs you could create a new button
and set the L&Fs yourself using the appropriate class loader.
That would require less changes and could be released sooner as an add-on.

Would you be interested in doing that?

Best regards.

하훌 HAHWUL

Apr 30, 2022, 6:43:42 AM4/30/22
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Yes! I think it's better to set Intellij L&Fs as a new button than the main list.

I was making add-on(only my env, similar theme-pack), which expands the main list, but I stopped because the implementation was complicated and the design didn't look good. 😭

If it has to be made into a new add-on, so I hope a competent person can solve it 🙏
2022년 4월 30일 토요일 오전 1시 50분 45초 UTC+9에 thc202님이 작성:

kingthorin+owaspzap

May 1, 2022, 9:04:12 PM5/1/22
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Just to be clear, are you going to redirect the design of your add-on or are you hoping someone else will pickup the idea and tackle it?

HAHWUL

May 1, 2022, 10:50:38 PM5/1/22
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Okay, yes! I'll change the code and design in my add-on source. I will send you a Pull-Request when it is completed.
It was nice talking to you :D

You're the best.

2022년 5월 2일 (월) 오전 10:04, kingthorin+owaspzap <kingt...@gmail.com>님이 작성:
>>> [image: 스크린샷 2022-03-13 오후 10.43.00.png]
>>>
>>> in addon code
>>> [image: 스크린샷 2022-03-13 오후 10.43.06.png]
>>>
>>> in zap
>>> [image: 스크린샷 2022-03-13 오후 10.43.28.png]
>>>
>>> when change theme, boom error
>>> [image: 스크린샷 2022-03-13 오후 10.42.44.png]

kingthorin+owaspzap

May 2, 2022, 7:34:21 AM5/2/22
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Wonderful, thank Hahwul!

Let us know if you get stuck or need advice :)