Github Action Bug/Error

hakrishi

Jan 30, 2023, 11:25:47 AM1/30/23
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hello,

I'm using the action-full-scan zaproxy GitHub action and am getting the below error when starting the scan:

Validation Failed: {"message":"The listed users and repositories cannot be searched either because the resources do not exist or you do not have permission to view them.","resource":"Search","field":"q","code":"invalid"}

Here is my yaml config file (note that it is a self hosted runner):
name: Testing Scan

on:
    workflow_dispatch:

jobs:
  Test:
    runs-on: ubuntu-latest
    timeout-minutes: 60
    continue-on-error: true

    steps:
      - uses: actions/checkout@v3

      - name: Testing OWASP ZAP
        uses: zaproxy/action-...@v0.7.0
        with:
          target: "https://alph4.xyz"

hakrishi

Jan 30, 2023, 11:50:44 AM1/30/23
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
so the above error occurs when running its running on ubuntu-latest. The below error occurs when running it on my own server:

Run zaproxy/action-...@v0.7.0
9
starting the program
10
[@octokit/rest] `const Octokit = require("@octokit/rest")` is deprecated. Use `const { Octokit } = require("@octokit/rest")` instead
11
github run id :4046084499
12
/usr/bin/touch report_json.json report_md.md report_html.html
13
/usr/bin/chmod a+w report_json.json report_md.md report_html.html
14
/usr/bin/docker pull owasp/zap2docker-stable -q
15
Got permission denied while trying to connect to the Docker daemon socket at unix:///var/run/docker.sock: Post "http://%2Fvar%2Frun%2Fdocker.sock/v1.24/images/create?fromImage=owasp%2Fzap2docker-stable&tag=latest": dial unix /var/run/docker.sock: connect: permission denied
16
Error: The process '/usr/bin/docker' failed with exit code 1

Seems like a permission denied error, I've added my user (ubuntu) to the sudoers group.

hakrishi

Jan 30, 2023, 11:51:44 AM1/30/23
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
I'd like to run it on a self hosted server