ascanrules-release-58.zap - 4/62 security vendors and no sandboxes flagged this file as malicious

Max M

Apr 24, 2024, 10:29:05 AMApr 24
to ZAP Developer Group
Hello Community,
Please check if we can improve this somehow.
Scanning file "ascanrules-release-58.zap" in virustotal provides failures:
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/21d46ae795c8d078d5a465c17906775e4e917f2bd87d63f0d070d7e09d5f2142

Capture.PNG

psiinon

Apr 24, 2024, 10:32:18 AMApr 24
to ZAP Developer Group
The ascanrules are currently version 65.
We're not going to go back and change old versions :)

Cheers,

Simon

psiinon

Apr 24, 2024, 10:34:57 AMApr 24
to ZAP Developer Group
We also have no insight into what these vendors are looking for.
We know there are no virusses in these files, but ZAP "does bad things" so its not too surprising that some AV tools will flag some of the ZAP addons...