Its that time of year again :D
Hopefully I wont have to tell you all how much benefit we've gained from GSoC projects in the past - some of the key ZAP features have come from such projects.
So .. what projects should we propose this year?
Some initial suggestions:
- Detecting modern web app vulnerabilities (run ZAP against apps like Hackazon and Juice Shop, document what it doesnt find and change it so it finds as much as possible)
- Repeatable scans (make it easy to rerun scans and compare results)
- Zest text representation and parser
- Form management (show user all forms, allow them to specify defaults) - maybe not enough in this?
- Advanced report designer (again:/)
- Swing GUI Unit test framework
Also please let me know if you're interested in mentoring a GSoC project.
Last years suggestions are here: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/GSoC2014_Ideas
And this years list is here: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/GSoC2015_Ideas