Re: problem browser on ubuntu when use ajax spider

Message has been deleted

psiinon

Aug 15, 2022, 5:14:12 AM8/15/22
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Looking at the log I can see:

mkdir: cannot create directory '/run/user/0': Permission denied 1660476378783    mozrunner::runner    INFO    Running command: "/usr/bin/firefox" "--marionette" "-no-remote" "-profile" "/tmp/rust_mozprofileT2BjlY" mkdir: cannot create directory '/run/user/0': Permission denied

Does the command "/usr/bin/firefox" start Firefox if you run it from the command line?

Cheers,

Simon

On Sunday, 14 August 2022 at 15:34:18 UTC+2 tommy...@gmail.com wrote:
Good morning, I recently installed Owasp on Ubuntu. I am facing a problem despite running the configuration. When I run the ajax scan the firefox browser does not start. The error message says: "Failed to start/connect to Firefix, is the browser available /supported"
How can the problem be solved? i use Owasp 2.11.1 and jdk v.8 i attach log

kingthorin+owaspzap

Aug 15, 2022, 6:21:10 AM8/15/22
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group

Kevin W. Wall

Aug 15, 2022, 9:45:32 AM8/15/22
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Simon,

Off list..
The '/run/user/0' is what seems strange to me. Generally, it will use your effective user ID here, so 0 would mean 'root'. If he's really trying to run this as root (which really should be avoided) the only reason that I can think of that the mkdir might failing is AppArmor or SELinux. On Ubuntu, it would probably be AppArmor. So I suggest you ask him what user ID he's try to run this as.

-kevin

Walter Jz

Aug 16, 2022, 7:36:04 AM8/16/22
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
No really thanks can you send me tools please

kingthorin+owaspzap

Aug 16, 2022, 10:46:33 AM8/16/22
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
What?