ZAP 2.12.0 Coming Soon

psiinon

Aug 19, 2022, 10:49:55 AM8/19/22
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
We are getting close to the next major ZAP release: 2.12.0.
If you have any changes that you _really_ want to get into this release then you should either submit PRs asap or give some _really_ good reasons why the ZAP Core team should focus on those changes instead of the things we're currently working on.

No exact date but we're weeks away rather than months (I hope;)
And if you want to see whats it mostly going to look like then you can of course just try out the weekly release: https://www.zaproxy.org/download/#weekly

Many thanks,

Simon

--
OWASP ZAP Project leader

psiinon

Sep 16, 2022, 11:09:30 AM9/16/22
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
The current plan is to freeze the core at the end of this September - this will be the Release Candidate.
If there are no significant problems then we plan to release 2.12.0 mid October.

Many thanks,

Simon

Omkar Kumbhar

Sep 19, 2022, 5:30:57 AM9/19/22
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hi Simon,

That's great!

It would be great if we could add a report format which will be supported with Heimdall tool. If we could just add the passing rules into the JSON report format so that it can display the passed tests in Heimdall.

This could be really handy and helpful feature if it can be added into the latest release of ZAP.

Thanks,
Omkar

thc...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2022, 5:38:08 AM9/19/22
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
The reports are now generated from an add-on, which can be
released/updated at any time.

Best regards.
>>> OWASP ZAP <https://www.zaproxy.org/> Project leader

psiinon

Sep 20, 2022, 3:34:27 AM9/20/22
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hi Omkar,

Heimdall is not a tool I am familiar with, and adding support for it is not currently on my list of things to do.
I'd suggest you open an issue for it: https://github.com/zaproxy/zaproxy/issues/new/choose
Please include as much info as possible, e.g. links to the relevant Heimdall docs.
Note that anyone can create new ZAP report formats with relatively little coding expertise: https://www.zaproxy.org/docs/desktop/addons/report-generation/create/ so this is something you could maybe do yourself?
We'd be very happy to include such reports with the Report add-on.

Cheers,

Simon