OWASP ZAP hardware requirements

A.B.

Dec 14, 2022, 4:26:23 AM12/14/22
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hello,

I'm trying to find out what the exact hardware requirements are for OWASP ZAP but was unable to find documentation. Would anyone be able to share this information with me?

psiinon

Dec 14, 2022, 4:43:44 AM12/14/22
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hiya,

We very deliberately do not publish hardware requirements as it all depends on what you do with ZAP :)
For info, you can run ZAP on a Raspberry Pi: https://www.zaproxy.org/blog/2022-08-25-zap-on-raspberry-pi/

So, try using ZAP how you want to use it on the hardware you want to use.

Cheers,

Simon

A.B.

Dec 14, 2022, 8:24:23 AM12/14/22
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Thanks for your response Simon.

I'm actually working on a document that's part of my university course, and OWASP ZAP is part of it. I have no doubt it would most likely run on literally anything, but would you be able to provide me with a minimum spec at all, for the absolute lightest task (could be just running ZAP). Just for documenting sake ;^)

kingthorin+owaspzap

Dec 14, 2022, 9:32:19 AM12/14/22
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group

For a 64bit JRE the min specs are:
128MB RAM
Pentium 2 266 MHz processor
130MB Storage

That's for Java 8 though, I couldn't find anything solid for JRE 11 which is required by ZAP 2.12.

A.B.

Dec 14, 2022, 9:43:45 AM12/14/22
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Well it's something! Thanks :)