Trying out SimplePointAndClickScan.cs results in 'Root element is missing'

tedev test

Jun 28, 2022, 5:55:03 PM6/28/22
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
I cloned the repo and tried to call SimplePointAndClickScan.Go(); from Program.cs GitHub - zaproxy/zap-api-dotnet: OWASP ZAP Dot NET API but the spider scan never gets triggered, and results keeps displaying "Root element is missing" Any tips on how to go around this?

tedev test

Jun 28, 2022, 5:59:03 PM6/28/22
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
root_element.png

psiinon

Jun 29, 2022, 2:49:29 AM6/29/22
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
My guess is that either you are not specifying the right API key or have not enabled API access from the machine where you are running the API from, but its not possible to tell from the info you've supplied. The log file should give you the reason.

Cheers,

Simon

aday...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2024, 6:46:49 PMJan 27
to ZAP Developer Group
Hi Simon and all,

In my case, it was because I replaced the "zap" address with some other value under "Addresses permitted to use the API". I noticed in the logs how the request was using "zap" which was no longer available. I renamed that address instance back to "zap", and the API started working as before - as a charm
Tested on the latest version 2.14.0

Thank you all for all the effort placed in developing and maintaining this wonderful tool!

psiinon

Jan 29, 2024, 5:00:41 AMJan 29
to ZAP Developer Group
Ah ha - yeah, that's not a good idea ;)