Request to use repository to install Redis Database Scanning Add-On in OWASP ZAP

Aung Phyo

Jun 5, 2024, 2:30:41 AMJun 5
to ZAP Developer Group

Dear ZAP Developer Group,

I hope this message finds you well. My name is Aung Phyo, and I'm currently pursuing my master's degree in cyber security and information assurance. As part of my research project, I am focusing on enhancing the security of web applications that utilize Redis databases.

To achieve this goal, I am planning to develop an add-on for OWASP ZAP that enables scanning and detection of vulnerabilities specific to Redis databases when used within web applications. The add-on will facilitate comprehensive security testing, allowing users to identify and address potential security risks associated with Redis databases.

Given the importance of security testing in modern web development, I believe that integrating support for scanning Redis databases directly into OWASP ZAP would greatly benefit the security community. Therefore, I kindly request your assistance in the following ways:

  1. Guidance and Support: I would greatly appreciate any guidance or support from the ZAP development team regarding the development process for creating the Redis database scanning add-on. This could include advice on best practices, documentation resources, or any specific requirements for integrating with ZAP.

  2. Repository Access: In order to make the add-on widely accessible to OWASP ZAP users, I kindly request access to the ZAP add-ons repository to host the developed add-on. This will enable users to easily install and utilize the add-on directly from within OWASP ZAP.

  3. Collaboration Opportunity: I am open to collaboration with members of the ZAP development community who may be interested in contributing to or reviewing the add-on code. Collaboration would help ensure the add-on meets the high standards of quality and functionality expected within the ZAP ecosystem.

I am enthusiastic about the potential impact of this project on improving the security posture of web applications utilizing Redis databases. Thank you for considering my request, and I look forward to your response.

Best regards,
Aung Phyo

psiinon

Jun 5, 2024, 4:01:02 AMJun 5
to ZAP Developer Group
Hiya Aung,

Thank you for getting in touch, and we'd love to mentor you on this project!
I'll send you a direct email and we can go from there :)

Many thanks,

Simon