Re: permission for generate report via script

Message has been deleted

psiinon

Aug 17, 2022, 5:43:57 AMAug 17
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hiya,

Which installer did you use?
What error(s) do you get if you run generateReport(..) without sudo?

Cheers,

Simon

On Wednesday, 17 August 2022 at 11:41:11 UTC+2 simone.z...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi everyone, I wanted some clarification regarding Owasp permissions on Ubuntu. In python I used the generateReport (...) function and it only works if I run the script with "sudo". Owasp is located in / usr / local / zaproxy. What should I do to avoid the problem? can I move the installation folder? Thanks for the help
Message has been deleted

psiinon

Aug 17, 2022, 6:09:43 AMAug 17
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
OK, so you downloaded the Linux Installer from https://www.zaproxy.org/download/ (to save other people from having to watch a video to find that info out ;)

Please run it again without sudo and look to see if there are any errors in the zap.log file:

ZAP should work fine when run as any user so we need to find out whats going wrong in this case.

Cheers,

Simon

On Wednesday, 17 August 2022 at 11:51:44 UTC+2 simone.z...@gmail.com wrote:
I found the installation method via this link:

 I haven't downloaded owasp from Ubuntu Software. When I script the report it doesn't give any errors. I think it's a question of permissions because if I run the command with "sudo" the report is generated correctly

Message has been deleted

psiinon

Aug 17, 2022, 6:28:40 AMAug 17
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Is that when installing ZAP? If so thats expected.
If you want to be able to install ZAP without using sudo then you can use the "Linux Package".

Even if you run the installer with sudi you should be able to run ZAP without using sudo.
If that fails then let us know what command you are using to start ZAP and any errors in the zap.log

Cheers,

Simon

On Wednesday, 17 August 2022 at 12:18:41 UTC+2 simone.z...@gmail.com wrote:
I tried to run without "sudo" and a warning comes out that I have to run logged in as sudo to be installed the application. I don't have any logs in the terminal
Thanks

Simone