Unable to resolve java errors

Vinayak Yadav

Jan 24, 2023, 5:25:44 AM1/24/23
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hi All,

I'm following the details shared on ZAP GitHub and getting the below errors(attaching the screenshot).
I am using java version-  jdk-11.0.16.1

Are there any jar files/libraries missing that need to be added? Kindly assist.

Thanks in advance!
java erorr.png
java error_1.JPG

psiinon

Jan 24, 2023, 5:31:23 AM1/24/23
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Can you confirm how you imported the ZAP repos into Eclipse?

Vinayak Yadav

Jan 24, 2023, 5:48:19 AM1/24/23
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Firstly I created a local folder on my machine and in that folder imported via the below link

Then in eclipse, I imported as an "Existing Gradle project"
Capture.JPG

thc...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2023, 6:28:42 AM1/24/23
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Which options are you using to import? Are you selecting the Gradle
Wrapper or a specific Gradle version?

Best regards.

thc...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2023, 6:30:00 AM1/24/23
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
And which version of Buildship?

Best regards.

kingthorin+owaspzap

Jan 24, 2023, 11:30:28 AM1/24/23
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
If you right click the project and do a 'Gradle Refresh' (it will likely take 3-10mins to finish, it isn't fast, especially the very first time), does that resolve the issues?

Vinayak Yadav

Jan 30, 2023, 5:20:06 AM1/30/23
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
I am using Gradle version 6.7

Vinayak Yadav

Jan 30, 2023, 5:21:04 AM1/30/23
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
yes, I tried the same thing but it didn't work.

thc...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2023, 5:33:11 AM1/30/23
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
It's better to import using the Gradle Wrapper which uses a version
known to work (currently 7.5.1). Other Gradle versions might or not work.

Though that should not be the problem in this case, could you tell the
version of Buildship?

Best regards.

Vinayak Yadav

Jan 30, 2023, 6:22:26 AM1/30/23
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Sure, I will try the new version of Gradle and share the update.
In eclipse, I am using Buildship Gradle Integration 3.0

thc...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2023, 8:03:20 AM1/30/23
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Oops, I read that as version 7.6 not 6.7. I was not able to import the
project using the latter version.

In any case worth updating Buildship to the latest version, 3.1.6.

Best regards.