failed to import hit - try running "make hit" in the $MOOSE_DIR/test directory.

Mohamed Ezzat Mostafa

Feb 20, 2019, 9:29:01 AM2/20/19
to zapdos-users
Hey--

For some reason I removed the projects dir (MOOSE and Zapdo) on MAC and when I tried to install them again, MOOSE passed all steps will zapdos give me this error at ./run_test -j2: failed to import hit - try running "make hit" in the $MOOSE_DIR/test directory.

FYI:
1- the make -j2  (runs in ./projects/zapdos) gave what in the screenshot:
Zapdos-error.png
2- I found similar problem posred but when this error happens during MOOSE installtion (the solution was to let python and python point to python2 version)

Best
Mohamed

Casey Icenhour

Feb 20, 2019, 2:39:12 PM2/20/19
to zapdos...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mohamed,

Zapdos includes MOOSE as a submodule, so that a version of MOOSE that is guaranteed to work with the current version of Zapdos is always available. Thats why the Zapdos instructions include initializing submodules. The instructions do not include needing to build libmesh inside of that submodule, though, so we probably need to add that.

Try this: navigate to the Zapdos folder, then run:
  • cd moose
  • scripts/update_and_build_libmesh.sh
This will build libmesh as before, but specifically for the version of MOOSE within the submodule in Zapdos. Then, you can try make on Zapdos again to build and test it. Let me know if that helps!

Casey

Mohamed Ezzat Mostafa

Feb 21, 2019, 6:33:28 AM2/21/19
to zapdos-users
Thanks Casey-- it works and passed tests show in the attached screen. Should the installtion steps updated here: https://github.com/lindsayad/zapdos

pass.png

Casey Icenhour

Feb 21, 2019, 11:16:19 AM2/21/19
to zapdos...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mohamed,

I'm glad those tips worked! We are working to get the installation instructions updated. Note that https://github.com/shannon-lab/zapdos is now the main repository for Zapdos, so make sure you update your Git remotes to this URL to ensure that you are up to date!

Best,
Casey