Please respond! Interview Requests by Journalists

MPBC

Jun 25, 2021, 12:08:10 PM6/25/21
to MPBC
Louise Donovan

Monday, June 21, 2021

Hey there, hope you're well. I'm Louise, a reporter with the Fuller Project - a non-profit newsroom. I'm wanted to reach out as I'm interested in the fast approaching EU Settlement Scheme & what this means for Zambrano carers. I was previously based in Kenya and wrote about issues impacting women in east Africa, and now focus on migrant women's lives in the UK. I wondered if it might be possible to speak to someone from Migrant Parents of British Children further?

Best,

If you could post on the community board, I'd really appreciate it. I don't have any story in mind yet but I often write about migrant women, particularly from Africa, and it's something I could cover if any issues did arise.

A little about me (so you know I'm a legitimate journalist) - I typically cover labour rights/labour migration, and write for places like the New York Times and TIME

At this stage, any conversation I do have could be totally off the record - I'm just keen to hear from women about any issues they're facing.

Olu Olubiyi

Jun 25, 2021, 12:50:15 PM6/25/21
to MPBC
Hi Louise,

Thanks for reaching out. I would love to help but I’m a man. A sole carer of my child.

Many thank,

Olu.

--
https://migrant-parents.uk
---

MPBC

Jun 27, 2021, 2:03:48 PM6/27/21
to MPBC
Greetings Olu,

Thanks so much for responding. I forwarded your message to Louise as I am not sure she is watching the forum.

Cheers,