[oopinjs] Check pirate sharing your book

Nick Name

Sep 12, 2017, 6:29:00 PM9/12/17
to Zakas Books
On
https://tproger.ru/books/free-javascript-books-for-beginners/

Your book is shared as freeware.

I have loaded your book from there and its quality got me in doubt that it is shared for free.

Nicholas Zakas

Sep 13, 2017, 12:00:23 PM9/13/17
to Zakas Books
You are correct, that site has pirated the book and it was not intended to be shared for free.

Unfortunately, there is very little that can be done to stop pirates, so I'd just ask that you buy a copy when you are able.

Thanks.

Nick Name

Sep 14, 2017, 1:12:00 AM9/14/17
to Zakas Books
Ok, I see. This site is one of central russian sites for programmers with big community, tens thousands maybe. I guess some article author incorrectly thought that this book is free while reposting this book list from Internet.

So, you can email site's admin for removing the book from the list.
admin (at) tproger.ru

Nicholas Zakas

Sep 15, 2017, 3:40:06 PM9/15/17
to Zakas Books
Thanks. Most of the books on that page are not free, so I'm guessing they don't really care too much, but I'll send them an email.

Nick Name

Sep 16, 2017, 9:35:35 AM9/16/17
to Zakas Books
You may give them a url to this topic. I am not afraid of email revenge :) (this is a special address for such issues which may be removed at any time). But I think they take care about their reputation. Programmers should support each other and block pirates or karma will get on them.