Professional Javascript Third Edition | Doubt | Page 96

Mohit Kanika

Nov 7, 2018, 11:38:14 AM11/7/18
to Zakas Books
Hi Nicholas,

I was searching your email and learned about your current status. I really wish you good heath. I feel fortunate to read your book. I am contacting via this forum to clear one of the doubts I have on page 96 of your book. I am not able understand the context in which below mentioned line has been written on page 96(Identifier Lookup).

If one of the operands is an object and the other is not, the valueOf() method is called on the object to retrieve a primitive value to compare according to the previous rules.

 which operands are we talking about here or this whole sentence is a textual mistake?

Thanks

Nicholas Zakas

Nov 7, 2018, 4:02:33 PM11/7/18
to zakas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mohit,

It looks like this is a copy-paste error from another section of the book. Please ignore the sentence.

Regards.