WARNING: Linux/MacOS issues with z390_v1707.zip

John Ganci

May 6, 2021, 11:01:30 AM5/6/21
to z390
Linux and MacOS users of z390 must still use the Perl scripts
for v1707.

The ASMx.BAT and CBLCx.BAT files in v1707 are versions that
are part of the bash replacement of Perl. They were mistakenly added
to v1707. They contain statements that result in errors if invoked
via the Perl scripts.

If you are a Linux or MacOS user and  downloaded v1707, you should
be able to get around the problem by copying the six bat files, ASM.BAT,
ASML.BAT, ASMLG.BAT, CBLC.BAT, CBLCL.BAT, and CBLCLG.BAT,  from
your previous z390 version into the v1707 bat directory.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

John Ganci

Abe Kornelis

May 7, 2021, 10:42:40 AM5/7/21
to z3...@googlegroups.com

John,

thanks for the warning - and for the workaround.

I apologize to all those affected.
We were in a hurry to complete V1.7.07.
Apparently we should have taken more time for testing.

The good news is: we're working hard to get all code
up  into github. We're planning to create the next distribution
on github - including built-in automated regression testing.

I hope you can share my take to look at this from the bright side.

Kind regards & Happy programming!
Abe
===