TEST hanging

Bill B

Apr 16, 2022, 9:39:38 PM4/16/22
to z390
This started out to be a question about TEST mode. I've asked so many questions I thought I'd offer a solution that another newbie like me might find helpful.

I thought I mostly understood TEST mode. However my break (G address) was hanging. I must have tried 10 or more times and variations. It was hanging on the command line. Finally I thought I'd try it on the console. And it worked! To make a long story short...I had to add "nocodepage" which someone told me about to fix the ragged edges on the output. Evidently these strange characters were also causing my TEST to hang. I had gotten use to not using it in the console and forgot about it. Anyway once I added "nocodepage", TEST from the command line worked the same as it did on the console.

Bill