Support for blanks in nominal values

Anthony Delosa

Feb 12, 2021, 6:39:06 PM2/12/21
to z390
Hi there,
I have been working through the John Erhman book and have encountered an issue in the following section:

11.2.1. Blanks in Nominal Values
"Some constant types delimited by apostrophes (like F'8') let you put blank spaces between the digits to improve readability. For example, you can write either
DC F'12345678'
or
DC F'12 345 678'
"
When I attempt to compile the above fullword item with spaces I receive the following error:
09:32:00 progdata  AZ390 AZ390I invalid decimal constant - 12 345 678

d...@higgins.net

Feb 12, 2021, 7:19:35 PM2/12/21
to Anthony Delosa, z390

Anthony, all

I’ve opened RPI 2232 and will test which constants allow blanks on mainframe.

Don Higgins

d...@higgins.net

www.donhiggins.org