IBM z/OS via IBM Z Xplore learning platform

d...@higgins.net

Apr 30, 2022, 10:22:06 AM4/30/22
to z390development, z390

All

I’ve spent the last week taking IBM Z Xplore fundamental courses:

https://www.ibm.com/it-infrastructure/z/education/zxplore

So farI finished 5 of 7 exercises including review of JCL, file types, COBOL, Unix, and Python.  I encourage everyone to sign up and take the course.  On Windows, you can install Java 11+, Visual Studio Code, and zowe extension in order to access the class work files and submit jobs on the IBM Z Xplore z/OS mainframe to complete each class.  There are also forums where you can  ask questions and learn from others.  This is a free IBM educational service available 24/7 serving over 3,500 schools in 130 countries around the world.

Don Higgins

d...@higgins.net

www.don-higgins.net

Bill B

May 2, 2022, 10:01:45 AM5/2/22
to z390
Yes, I signed up again because they offer some new stuff, such as DB2 which they didn't a few years ago, On Linux, this time around, I switched from VSCode to VSCodium which seems to work so far with openjdk-8 that I installed for z390.

d...@higgins.net

May 2, 2022, 11:49:16 AM5/2/22
to Bill B, z390, z390development

Bill, all

Glad to hear you are using IBM Z Xplore.  I think it’s a great way to keep up with IBM technology.  I’m anxiously awaiting the publication of the new z16 pop.

Don Higgins

d...@higgins.net

www.don-higgins.net