Wanted: Recommendation on best z/os mainframe time sharing service I can signup for to test HLASM and COBOL on

d...@higgins.net

Apr 13, 2022, 6:38:47 AM4/13/22
to z390development, z390

All

Wanted: Recommendation on best z/os mainframe time sharing service I can signup for to test HLASM and COBOL on

Don Higgins

d...@higgins.net

www.don-higgins.net

David S.

Apr 13, 2022, 9:31:40 AM4/13/22
to d...@higgins.net, z390development, z390
I personally use IBM's "zXplore" system (formerly "Master the Mainframe") for validating sample code I post to LinkedIn.
For all members of all groups I manage, I also recommend "zXplore", since getting access is quite easy and they seem quite generous.
I've been using these free systems from IBM for years and not once been reprimanded for how I use them (I typically don't bother with the "programmed learning" assignments they're intended for).

Bill B

Apr 13, 2022, 11:04:24 AM4/13/22
to z390
That's awesome. I participated in "Master the Mainframe" but didn't know about "zXplore".