McMahon REALLY DOES want to "destroy Hulkamania".

Scott Kuli

Mar 27, 2003, 11:57:11 PM3/27/03
The majority of fans wanted to see Hogan beat the
Untertaker...wanted to see Hogan beat Triple H, wanted to see Hogan
beat Brock Lesnar...but what happened? None of the above, and why?
Because Hogan had the audacity to quit working for Vince McMahon when
he was still making him money in 1993, that's why. Now McMahon has
probably given it to him in writing that if he plays by McMahons'
gameplan, he'll have a run with the championship, but with this
condition; it can only happen after he "loses" at Wrestlemania. That's
how McMahon thinks he's gonna "kill Hulkamania", and he believes no
one will be able to take Hogan seriously afterward. He's an asshole,
and he really does want what he wants more than to do what the fans
want.

Traveler

Mar 28, 2003, 3:17:09 AM3/28/03
Vince actually looks better than Hogan. I wonder what his monthly steroid
budget is these days.

Ian Gooda

Mar 28, 2003, 5:34:57 AM3/28/03
Hogan beat HHH at Backlash last year
"Scott Kuli" <yode...@mnsi.net> wrote in message

Brett Mount

Mar 28, 2003, 8:30:55 AM3/28/03
On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 23:57:11 -0500 Scott Kuli made the following
statement pursuant to section
<77l78v44mshc6l5ng...@4ax.com> of the alt.pro-wrestling.wwf
Enabling Act of 1934:

} The majority of fans wanted to see Hogan beat the
}Untertaker...wanted to see Hogan beat Triple H, wanted to see Hogan
}beat Brock Lesnar...but what happened? None of the above, and why?
}Because Hogan had the audacity to quit working for Vince McMahon when
}he was still making him money in 1993, that's why.

So it had nothing to do with Hogan rapidly approaching 50 and thus having
a limited shelf life, while Trip and Lesnar are part of the present and
future of the industry? If they couldn't get over Hogan, how was Vince
supposed to make them look like a threat to anyone next year?

I'd also offer Rock as a counterexample, but then Rock always makes his
opponent look good.

}Now McMahon has
}probably given it to him in writing that if he plays by McMahons'
}gameplan, he'll have a run with the championship, but with this
}condition; it can only happen after he "loses" at Wrestlemania.

I think Hogan's already had his glory reign with the belt- the time
rapidly approaches for him to hang the boots up for one last time. Hogan
is becoming as irrelevant as Bob Backlund and Bruno Sammartino (or Mario
Milano, perhaps, who can still pop a crowd of smarks).

}That's
}how McMahon thinks he's gonna "kill Hulkamania", and he believes no
}one will be able to take Hogan seriously afterward. He's an asshole,
}and he really does want what he wants more than to do what the fans
}want.

It's good to be (married to the) boss. <G>

--
Regards

Brett
"Trust me- I know what I'm doing"

The edress is real, but isn't checked often.

Mr. Killfile

Mar 28, 2003, 10:47:41 AM3/28/03
Scott Kuli <yode...@mnsi.net> wrote in message news:<77l78v44mshc6l5ng...@4ax.com>...

---

Well your credibility went out the door...Hogan beat HHH.

On another note, Vince was on Kilborn the other night...talking
openly, and not in character, about everything including the upcoming
match. As well as saying they have already buried the hatchet about
Hogan leaving in 1993.

Whether you believe him or not, is irrelevant.

The match is an ANGLE...come back to reality. Hogan may...MAY...be
involved in the HW angles, especially if Kurt goes under the knife.
But a run? No. I see Hogan winning, to continue his career...maybe
even getting into what Taker is doing now, and become a
Manager/Mentor/Tag Partner for a young guy and then retiring after
WM20.

The shear twiddle tht McMahon WANTS to kill a moneymaker like
Hulkamania...is just silly. Did you NOT see how many Hogan fans were
at SD!? Did you not see the Dolls and T-Shirts and merchandise on
EVERYONE!?

Reality check...

Mr. Killfile
"...As I said, if you buy a PPV because of a rumor, all you did was
buy into the hype..."
---

news.ntlworld.com

Apr 2, 2003, 11:27:08 AM4/2/03
Can someone tell me what they see in Hulk Hogan and even for that matter
flair, I thought at the pay per view when they came out they would need a
stairlift or wheel chair due to the distance.
We need more young talent and not these old farts.

flash5005

Apr 9, 2003, 9:39:12 PM4/9/03
For every 10 fans who want to see the likes of Rob Van Dam and Brock Lesnar
there is still a fan out there who identifies with the legend that defines
grapplers like Hogan and Flair. Hogan was never a great worker but his aura
is undeniable. Flair, on the other hand, was an outstanding worker who
wants to continue contributing whatever he can. Thankfully he's rarely in
the ring anymore; I think his role as a heel manager/advisor to HHH and the
rest of Evolution (when Batista and Orton come back from injuries) is ideal
for him in his current state.

A.

Psychosis

Apr 9, 2003, 10:50:51 PM4/9/03
I wish he would destroy Hulkamania. I watched Hogan wrestle when I was young
and I could never stand him. I hated that stupid routine of after taking a
pounding he would start to tremble and shake his head and then with his
finger say no. Then came the stupid leg drop and the end of the match. I
wish he would just fade into oblivion.

--
As darkness falls, Night unfolds ebon wings
to wrap the world in its dark embrace.

Brett Mount

Apr 10, 2003, 6:53:37 AM4/10/03
flash5005 can see Paradise by alt.pro-wrestling.wwf's light:

}For every 10 fans who want to see the likes of Rob Van Dam and Brock Lesnar
}there is still a fan out there who identifies with the legend that defines
}grapplers like Hogan and Flair. Hogan was never a great worker but his aura
}is undeniable. Flair, on the other hand, was an outstanding worker who
}wants to continue contributing whatever he can. Thankfully he's rarely in
}the ring anymore; I think his role as a heel manager/advisor to HHH and the
}rest of Evolution (when Batista and Orton come back from injuries) is ideal
}for him in his current state.

So Vince should book for 10% of his fanbase, is what you're saying?

--
Regards

Brett
"You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it into peace".

The edress is real, but not checked often.

Sean Walsh

Apr 10, 2003, 12:25:44 PM4/10/03
"Traveler" <firstt...@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<9yTga.23267$jA2.2...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...

> Vince actually looks better than Hogan. I wonder what his monthly steroid
> budget is these days.

The salary of folks like D-Lo Brown, Raven, Justin Credible and
others, I'd gather...

--
Sean

Sean Walsh

Apr 10, 2003, 12:27:18 PM4/10/03
Brett Mount <nos_p_a_m...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.18fff83a2...@News.CIS.DFN.DE>...

> flash5005 can see Paradise by alt.pro-wrestling.wwf's light:
>
> }For every 10 fans who want to see the likes of Rob Van Dam and Brock Lesnar
> }there is still a fan out there who identifies with the legend that defines
> }grapplers like Hogan and Flair. Hogan was never a great worker but his aura
> }is undeniable. Flair, on the other hand, was an outstanding worker who
> }wants to continue contributing whatever he can. Thankfully he's rarely in
> }the ring anymore; I think his role as a heel manager/advisor to HHH and the
> }rest of Evolution (when Batista and Orton come back from injuries) is ideal
> }for him in his current state.
>
> So Vince should book for 10% of his fanbase, is what you're saying?

Considering what ratings are these days, I'd say he's nearing that
figure in reality... :p

--
Sean

flash5005

Apr 11, 2003, 10:43:33 PM4/11/03
Not at all, he's just trying to cover all the bases. Vince doesn't miss
anything if he can help it.

A.

Benjamin Brown

May 20, 2003, 9:14:08 AM5/20/03
Hogan is trying to play Michael Jordan. He came out of retirement too late.
Hogan draws a crowd and is fun to watch but thats about it. Having Hulk
beat Lesnar would be the biggest false event to ever happen since Doink The
Clown Beat Mabel of Men On A Mission lol

Ben
"flash5005" <flas...@home.com> wrote in message

dojj

May 20, 2003, 12:33:30 PM5/20/03
how long before we see him selling his lean mean grilling machines?
:)

"Benjamin Brown" <benjami...@earthlink.net> wrote in message