Memphis wrestling 1st anniversary show

1 view

Gregory White

May 16, 2004, 3:59:40 PM5/16/04

----- Original Message -----
From: Gregory White
To: Mem...@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2004 02:05 PM
Subject: Memphis Wrestling spoilers 5/15/04 One year anniversary show

Memphis Wrestling
Home of Rhythm & Bruise
written by Gregory White Gregr...@Earthlink.net
5/15/04
UPN studios Memphis TN
Hosts:Cory Maclin and Brian Teigland

The show opens with Cory and Brian walking from behind the curtain and
getting a special introduction and applause and cheers from the crowd. The
crowd is in a festive mood and there are balloons everywhere and a cake on
the announcers desk.

Jimmy Hart comes out with a noisemaker and very happy. You know what I cam
very excited one year Memphis wrestling, Baby!!!! You know what Jerry
Lawler has a major announcement today. I am so excited!!!! I went week to
Lansky's to get a new outfit where Elvis had his suits made and even Jerry
Lawler had his made.

They show Jimmy Hart at Lanksys Bros. giving the owner of the store a
couple of CDs one a "Keep on Dancing" album by the Gentrys and Cinnamon
girl. Jimmy Hart hugs the guy and it shows Hart trying on various stuff
and a Happy Anniversary caption from Lanksy bros. caption. Jimmy Hart then
tries to kiss both Cory and Brian.

The first match of the day is Alan Steele and Nicholas Doom vs. Derrick
King and Bill Dundee. Bill Dundee sneaks a taste of the cake before the
match. Derrick King pins Alan Steel.
Winners:Derrick King and Bill Dundee.
King and Dundee do the Fargo Strut after the match.

Jerry Lawler comes out. It is amazing how time flies when you are living.
We have been on UPN 30 for over a year now. Cory, We have been trying to
get in touch with you and have not been able to. What's up? Jerry Lawler,
You know how times flies with that week going fast. I have been doing a
lot of thinking and I have been worrying a lot about this cake. I hope
,Cory, that your face does not wind up in the cake. I guess most people
are familiar with what happened last week. Jimmy Hart made me an offer
like the Godfather made that I cannot refuse. What I am gonna do today and
this is a bit unorthodox is this nobody would buy a car without a test-
drive. I am gonna be partners with Shock and Jimmy Hart is gonna manage us
in a tag team match today. Jimmy Hart and Shock comes out. Jerry you
gotta admit that you were in a bit of trouble against the youngster last
week.Jerry , I saw the tape you felt you were helping me. I felt that I
did not need your help at the time. Jimmy Hart, I snatch victory from the
jaws of defeat at the last moment. You are the greatest wrestler of all
time. Do you people agree? The fans cheer in agreement. You put Memphis
Wrestling on the map because of Jimmy Hart. Remember there are two sides to
every coin. I will tell you what I can do for you and people say when
Jimmy Hart's lips are moving that he is lying.I an not. I will prove to
you that I have changed my ways and you and me, Baby and the first family
can head back to the top. Koko Ware is in Hollywood California at the
moment and this is what I can do for you. He is making a new movie this
week and is starring with Gary Coleman. Jimmy Hart then shows a side by
side picture of Koko Ware and Gary Coleman with the same hairstyle. When
this show is over people will be wearing a crown whether they eat sleep or
whatever. The King and Jimmy Hart together again, Baby!!!!! The fans boo
Hart. Jerry Lawler, We are gonna do a test drive today.

They show a Brian Christopher video. I have a feeling that there will a
lot more of Brian Christopher on Memphis TV in the months to come.

The XWF Cruiserweight Champion with Jimmy Hart comes out. Jimmy Hart,
Brian Christopher talk is cheap. You can say all that you want. Kid Kash,
Brian Christopher. Only thing that I know about you is that big head of
yours is nothing but full of hot air. I don't think that I have ever been
on a show with a cake that somebody's face has not went in it. If you
don't keep the microphone up, Cory, It will be your face in the cake.

The second match of the day is a XWF Cruiserweight Title match. Kid
Kash(champion)with Jimmy Hart vs. Johnny Dodston. The fans do a Johnny
chant. Kid Kash uses a variation of the piledriver. Johnny Dodston does
well in this match.
Winner: Kid Kash

They show a highlight from earlier in the year with Jimmy Hart's barber
about to burn Jimmy Hart's hair with a candle. Jimmy hart is running.

They show a taped interview with the Southern Heavyweight champion Mable.
You cannot have an anniversary show without the King of the Ring champion,
Mable. This is a celebration of the backbone of professional wrestling.
This is a celebration of the fans. Without the fans wrestling would be
nothing. Give yourselves a nice round of applause. I hear that Koko B
ware has been talking trash about King Mable and wanted the take the
Southern Heavyweight Championship. That ain't gonna happen Koko. David vs.
Goliath was then but this is today and it will be different. I will cut
you
and fry you up like a chicken.

They have a video of Koko Ware. mmmm mmmmm mmmmm I feel goo today. Where
is the dancing boy from Lexington Tennessee? Kevin White? He is no longer
in the wrestling business. I gotta move on in the wrestling business to
upstairs. I gotta put something around my waist and it gotta be that
Southern Heavyweight belt that you have King Mable. That is my
Belt!!!!!Bib boy the bigger they are the harder they fall. I am coming to
win. My mom told me to dress good you gotta feel good and to dress good
you gotta have money.

The third match of the day is Koonta with Jimmy Hart vs. Flex. Jimmy Hart
is too busy flapping his gums at the announcers desk to notice that Koonta
is losing and by the time he gets his attention in the ring. Koonta loses.
Jimmy Hart gets in the ring and starts to play with Koonta's skirt saying
that Flex pulled his skirt.
Winner:Flex

They show highlights and anniversary wishes from American Tuxedo.

They have Lance Russell with a Memphis Wrestling moment via tape. They
show a nick Bockwinkle vs. Jerry Lawler title match from the early 80s. Jim
goes to ringside and distracts the ref when Jerry Lawler is on the top
rope. Jimmy Hart sneaks up and pushes Lawler off the top rope. Bockwinkle
makes the cover and the referee makes the count to two and the fans point
out to the referee that Jimmy Hart is under the ring. Hart is found and
Jerry Lawler is the winner by dq and Bockwinkle remains the AWA champion.

Jerry Lawler comes out with Jimmy Hart and Shock. Jerry asks Jimmy about
the match that they just showed. What about that match. You cost me the
title via dq there. Jimmy Hart, If you listed to me you would been the
AWA world champion that night. if you looked at that tape 10,000 people
were there to see Jerry Lawler. How many people came to see Jerry Lawler
at the Coliseum 3 weeks ago? These people don't care about you. They
never cared about you. These are fair-weather friends when the chips are
down, Jimmy Hart and Shock will be there. I promise you that King. We
could rule the world. Look at the champions in the WWE. They are little
munchkins. You are a superstar. Jerry Lawler, It is a dilemma. It is
true. It was nice to look at that tape with Bockwinkle. 11,000 fans used
to jam the Midsouth Coliseum. Three weeks ago it was 11,500 people dressed
up with empty seats. What is up with that? Maybe the people don't support
you when the chips are down. The fans voice their disapproval. Hart, I
will prove it. How many of you people voted for Lawler when he was mayor?
he could of been the greatest mayor ever in this city's history. If Jimmy
Hart was in your corner, You would of been mayor. If Lawler was Mayor your
taxes would of not been raised.

The fourth match of the day is Jerry Lawler and Shock with Jimmy Hart vs.
The Lifeguards. Jimmy Hart tells the fans to stand up in the presence of
the King. Shock tries to encourage Jerry Lawler to engage in some double
teaming on Dustin Starr. Hart coaches Lawler. Shock tries to coach Lawler.
Lawler does a light fist drop and Lawler makes the pin while Shock holds
the leg. The Lifeguards try to explain what happen to Lawler and the
referee. Shock and Jimmy Hart keep Lawler way from the referee and the
Lifeguards and Lawler has this confused look on his face.

They have the announcers at ringside with the cake on the desk and Jimmy
Hart and Shock come out with Jimmy Hart sprinkling confetti everywhere.
Lawler joins them. Lawler has a knife and starts cutting cake and handing
it to the fans. Jimmy Hart tells Lawler that they are not his friends and
that he should charge them for it. Guy Coffee joins in. Shock starts
cutting cake as well.

Read my Memphis wrestling reports at http://www.memphiswrestling.net/ and
http://www.kinglawler.com in the Memphis wrestling section. and watch it on
UPN 30 Memphis at 11 am every Saturday and on UPN Mississippi at 9 PM
every Saturday and on the Internet anytime. Check out my new Memphis email
list located at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Mempho/ and you can subscribe
to it by sending a blank email to Mempho-s...@yahoogroups.com.