Disable Auto-save in Projects

kingdomhe...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2021, 4:33:47 PM11/10/21
to yWriter
Is there any way to disable auto-saving the project or make the auto-save interval longer? Autobackup restoring is quite annoying, as you cannot restore over the project when it's currently open. The "manual save" option in File is quite useless due to that. I know it's dangerous to use a manual save, but sometimes, it may help when a mistake occurs.
Thanks.

Simon Haynes

Nov 11, 2021, 4:33:55 AM11/11/21
to ywr...@googlegroups.com
The program zips a backup every 15 mins, and the open scene every 1m to 5m, so even if the autosave stores something you'd rather it hadn't, you can still retrieve anything you were writing before the save occurred.

You can always close the current project using File - Close.

I know authors who have lost six months of work using other programs, and the reason I started working on yWriter 20 years ago was to ensure I didn't lose as much as 30 minutes work, never mind that much.

On Thu, 11 Nov 2021 at 05:33, kingdomhe...@gmail.com <kingdomhe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there any way to disable auto-saving the project or make the auto-save interval longer? Autobackup restoring is quite annoying, as you cannot restore over the project when it's currently open. The "manual save" option in File is quite useless due to that. I know it's dangerous to use a manual save, but sometimes, it may help when a mistake occurs.
Thanks.

Visit Spacejock Software, the home of yWriter, FCharts and more
Visit spacejock.com.au for my articles on writing and publishing novels.

S B

Nov 11, 2021, 11:31:28 AM11/11/21
to ywr...@googlegroups.com
That auto save feature has saved my butt a few times when a hiccup would happen. I love the auto save.