Printing one scene per page

Kathy Zablotzky

Mar 12, 2022, 4:50:00 PM3/12/22
to yWriter
Hi

I'm very new to yWriter.  I have written a book for young children and want to print each scene on a separate page.

The only options I've found is to print each one into a separate .rtf file or to have a .pdf with no page breaks.

How to I do this please?

Peter T.

Mar 13, 2022, 3:47:16 AM3/13/22
to yWriter
Hi Kathy,

For RTF export, you can put the special code <RTFBRK> at the top or the bottom of your scene.

Cheers,
Peter

Kathy Zablotzky

Mar 13, 2022, 7:13:00 AM3/13/22
to yWriter
That has partially helped me, thank you.  I can now get each scene on a separate page but I'm only getting one chapter, even though I ask for the whole range when I export to .rtf

Peter T.

Mar 13, 2022, 10:53:30 AM3/13/22
to yWriter
It's hard to guess the cause when I don't know what command you are calling to export.
You could try "Export Project" instead of "Export Chapters", or vice versa.

If you have LibreOffice or OpenOffice, you can use the yWriter import/export extension instead, which will give you an ODT document. In this case you don't need to insert a page break for each scene, but can set each scene to its own page using style sheets.

Kathy Zablotzky

Mar 14, 2022, 11:14:48 AM3/14/22
to yWriter
Thank you.