Copy from another project

Morgan

May 14, 2024, 10:09:18 AMMay 14
to yWriter
I've run into two issues when copying scenes from another project. The data transfers - but not the text. When I tried to open the separate project that has these scenes, I received an error message (import failed), and have attached the debug log.
Untitled.png
error.png
Log.txt

Simon Haynes

May 14, 2024, 10:24:48 AMMay 14
to ywr...@googlegroups.com
Looks like you're about 22 versions behind the latest release. That might be the first thing to check?

On Tue, 14 May 2024 at 22:09, Morgan <abou...@live.com> wrote:
I've run into two issues when copying scenes from another project. The data transfers - but not the text. When I tried to open the separate project that has these scenes, I received an error message (import failed), and have attached the debug log.

Visit Spacejock Software, the home of yWriter, FCharts and more
Visit spacejock.com.au for my articles on writing and publishing novels.

Morgan

May 14, 2024, 11:06:26 AMMay 14
to yWriter
Updated, and I'm still having the issues.

Morgan

May 14, 2024, 11:10:14 AMMay 14
to yWriter
Newest log
Log2.txt

Simon Haynes

May 14, 2024, 11:12:56 AMMay 14
to ywr...@googlegroups.com
"Version 5 project"

Can you create a version 7 project instead?  Version 5 is really only for backwards compatibility with windows XP versions of ywriter, and is no longer recommended.

Simon Haynes

May 14, 2024, 11:13:39 AMMay 14
to ywr...@googlegroups.com
If you're using version 5, that sounds like you've uncovered a bug and it's not creating the RTF scene files.  Are you creating a blank YW5 project, then trying to import the scenes into it?

Morgan

May 14, 2024, 11:41:53 AMMay 14
to yWriter
I'm running v7. The original projects I copied the scenes from was v7. The only v5 I can find are the backups. I did find a work around (exporting to RTF from manual v7 backups), I need to create individual scenes again.

Simon Haynes

May 14, 2024, 11:48:15 AMMay 14
to ywr...@googlegroups.com
Fair enough. The log had an entry about a ywriter version 5 project with a missing RTF file, which would explain why you got the error.