Text Zoom

Eduardo

May 11, 2022, 6:39:19 PM5/11/22
to yWriter
Hi, Simon.

I am using the latest released version of YWriter 7.

Every time I write I zoom in (middle mouse wheel. forward) to increase the type size. However, every time I save by pressing Control S, YW decreases the zoom to its default size. Is this a bug or are there other ways to prevent this from happening?

I use the Portuguese speller and can't find a way to add words to the dictionary.

Please help.

Thanks.

Eduardo

Simon Haynes

May 11, 2022, 6:55:29 PM5/11/22
to ywr...@googlegroups.com
Hi - that sort of zoom is not supported by yWriter, it's just a function of the rich text editor box

Instead, set the editor font size larger.

Visit Spacejock Software, the home of yWriter, FCharts and more
Visit spacejock.com.au for my articles on writing and publishing novels.

Simon Haynes

May 11, 2022, 6:56:50 PM5/11/22
to ywr...@googlegroups.com
To add a portuguese dictionary, put a word list in the program's dict folder and then activate it through the spelling menu.

Eduardo

May 12, 2022, 8:29:47 PM5/12/22
to yWriter
Thank you very much, Simon. I appreciate your time.

The file I am using for the Portuguese dictionary is pt_unicode.txt. I am wondering if this is the right one. If not, where can I get one, please?  Also, I don't see any option to add a word when the dictionary doesn't recognize a specific word.

Thanks again.

Kind regards.

Eduardo

Peter T.

May 13, 2022, 2:05:41 AM5/13/22
to yWriter
Eduardo,
in the attachment you will find a Portuguese dictionary that works with yWriter.
Unzip the file dict_pt.txt into the folder
C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Spacejock Software\yWriter7\Dict
then activate it in the scene editor settings (Spelling > Choose dictionaries)
You can enter unknown words into a custom dictionary (Main menu Tools >  Edit custom Dictionary)
Cheers,
Peter
dict_pt.zip