Auto capitalize letter

Tom Diander

Apr 7, 2022, 7:16:04 AM4/7/22
to yWriter
Hi and hello.
I use yWriter version 7.1.3.0 and I'm looking for the possibility to start each sentence with a capital letter. (Auto capitalize?)
It works very well on my old (very old) laptop. Not on my PC. I'm probably too blind, but I can't find the option. Can someone help me.

(And I apologize for my sloppy English.)
Warm greetings from Germany
Tom

Peter T.

Apr 7, 2022, 7:44:19 AM4/7/22
to yWriter
Hi Tom,

Ywriter 5.2.1.3 had an editor option "Capitalise first letter". In the latest yWriter 7 version, this option isn't available in the editor settings menu any longer. However, it still works if the option is set in the configuration file.
Try to open the yWriter7.ini file located at C:\Users\<usermane>\AppData\Roaming\Spacejock Software\yWriter7 in a text editor and insert the line
CapitaliseFirst,-1

Cheers,
Peter

Tom Diander

Apr 7, 2022, 12:44:34 PM4/7/22
to yWriter
Thanks so much. It works great.

best regards
tom

Simon Haynes

Apr 7, 2022, 9:06:21 PM4/7/22
to ywr...@googlegroups.com

The feature was hidden as it's caused a few issues with randomly capitalised letters.

Visit Spacejock Software, the home of yWriter, FCharts and more
Visit spacejock.com.au for my articles on writing and publishing novels.

Tom Diander

Apr 8, 2022, 8:29:06 AM4/8/22
to yWriter
Okay, so far I haven't noticed this error. But I am happy that I have the function back.
"Shift" and I aren't always best friends.

Kind regards and have a relaxing weekend.