Mac version (ugh)

Clifford Farris

Dec 22, 2021, 10:03:54 AM12/22/21
to yWriter
As of 12/22/21 is there a useful version of yWriter for Mac Sierra? I have an old Macbook that I would use portably. I will not buy a new Apple machine.

Simon Haynes

Dec 22, 2021, 10:08:01 AM12/22/21
to ywr...@googlegroups.com
The current version was written and compiled on Sierra. I haven't updated it for a long time, as my mac mini won't run the latest MacOS and XCode (as usual) requires the latest MacOS.  I'm stuck until I fork out for a new Mac, and I can't see that happening for a long time.

On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 at 23:03, Clifford Farris <cliffo...@gmail.com> wrote:
As of 12/22/21 is there a useful version of yWriter for Mac Sierra? I have an old Macbook that I would use portably. I will not buy a new Apple machine.

Visit Spacejock Software, the home of yWriter, FCharts and more
Visit spacejock.com.au for my articles on writing and publishing novels.

Erik Warner

Dec 22, 2021, 8:33:04 PM12/22/21
to ywr...@googlegroups.com
What do you think of the Mac Mini?

Simon Haynes

Dec 22, 2021, 10:22:37 PM12/22/21
to ywr...@googlegroups.com
That's what I bought myself a while back. It's gone through Sierra, Catalina, Mojave and another version of the OS I can't recall, but now it's a paper weight as far as programming and compiling goes.

Technical specs are still perfectly usable - Intel i5, 16gb ram, 250gb SSD - and it's fine if I needed it for anything else.

I'll wait now to see if I can eventually pick up a used M1 mac mini for less than the price of two brand new Windows PCs.

wayne

Dec 23, 2021, 4:41:24 AM12/23/21
to ywr...@googlegroups.com