Some accented characters are not displayed correctly

Palj

Jul 2, 2022, 2:21:46 AM7/2/22
to yWriter
I'm trying yWriter because I'm currently writing texts in LibreOffice, where there aren't that many options. I like yWriter, but it has one major flaw. It does not display Czech characters correctly in some places. Sometimes it replaces them with a question mark and somewhere with a letter without diacritics (for example, č displays as c, è - e, ů - u) In the editor, when I type them on the keyboard, they are displayed well, as soon as I save the text, it is displayed incorrectly. However, in the saved title and description of the chapter, they are displayed well even after saving. See screenshot.
české diakritické znaky.png

Peter T.

Jul 2, 2022, 4:36:27 AM7/2/22
to yWriter
If I'm not mistaken, you already raised this problem in an earlier post and got some answers.
The cause seems to me to be the Czech language file, which I think was created voluntarily by a user and probably contains some encoding errors.
You could try to correct this file yourself with a utf-8 capable text editor like notepad++ and send it to Simon.