Storyboard Timeline Bug

Cube

Jul 6, 2022, 1:34:42 AM7/6/22
to yWriter
When combining scene times with the storyboard tool, it creates a very powerful timeline to use for mapping out each part of the story. But my story is basically 3 stories, from 3 different characters' point of view. For some reason, however, you can't have more than 1 node in the same column. If I wanted two characters to be in the same scene, it would only appear on 1 character's timeline. Is this a bug? Is there a way to fix it?

Peter T.

Jul 6, 2022, 8:09:25 AM7/6/22
to yWriter
On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 7:34:42 AM UTC+2 Cube wrote:
Is this a bug? Is there a way to fix it?

It's not a bug. The storyboard is not really a timeline tool. In fact, it shows the scenes on strands assigned to the viewpoint characters.

For a timeline with strands belonging to participants of scenes/events, I use Aeon Timeline 2. It can also create a "relationship view" with a matrix containing scenes, participants, locations and so on.