Glossary of terms?

Christian Bieck

Dec 21, 2021, 1:01:07 PM12/21/21
to yWriter
Probably not a ywriter question: I want a glossary of terms at the end of the book. I am currently just writing it as "xxx blank description of xxx" because I can't even figure out how to get a \tab to show in the editor in ywrite4r. Am I correct in assuming that I'll have to do the full formating in an epub editor at the end anyway?

Simon Haynes

Dec 21, 2021, 1:07:36 PM12/21/21
to ywr...@googlegroups.com
You can include raw HTML in yWriter scenes, which is what epubs use anyway.

Two ways to do it: prefix the scene with <html> on the first line, then write in HTML code throughout that scene, or <htm enclose the html /htm> anywhere in your novel.

You must enclose all html code in the first option in <p> paragraph </p> markers or the epub won't pass epub checks.

On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 at 02:01, 'Christian Bieck' via yWriter <ywr...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Probably not a ywriter question: I want a glossary of terms at the end of the book. I am currently just writing it as "xxx blank description of xxx" because I can't even figure out how to get a \tab to show in the editor in ywrite4r. Am I correct in assuming that I'll have to do the full formating in an epub editor at the end anyway?

Visit Spacejock Software, the home of yWriter, FCharts and more
Visit spacejock.com.au for my articles on writing and publishing novels.

Simon Haynes

Dec 21, 2021, 1:08:35 PM12/21/21
to ywr...@googlegroups.com
If it's latex, replace everything I just said with the latex equivalents. (<LATEX>, <TEX and /TEX>)

On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 at 02:01, 'Christian Bieck' via yWriter <ywr...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Probably not a ywriter question: I want a glossary of terms at the end of the book. I am currently just writing it as "xxx blank description of xxx" because I can't even figure out how to get a \tab to show in the editor in ywrite4r. Am I correct in assuming that I'll have to do the full formating in an epub editor at the end anyway?

Christian Bieck

Dec 21, 2021, 1:30:25 PM12/21/21
to yWriter
Cool. I can do html. Will it automatically use the css classes, or do I have to know the css?

Simon Haynes

Dec 21, 2021, 1:38:05 PM12/21/21
to ywr...@googlegroups.com
Uses the css.

If you go into Project Settings you can click 'create project.css' file and then edit that to suit whatever you want. It will override the defaults when exporting to html/ebook.