Problem with accented letters

sysence

Jun 22, 2024, 11:28:42 AM (12 days ago) Jun 22
to yWriter
Hi,

I'm facing the same problem as someone already posted before.

If type some of the words they appear just fine on the screen.. But if I save and then re-open.. The words lose all the letters that had a special accent/character.

This is as I'm typing.. The words appear on the screen correctly:

writer1.png

This is after I save and then re-open:

writer2.png

Any tips on how to solve this big issue? I say big because in Portuguese there are a lot of accented words..

Kind regards

Simon Haynes

Jun 22, 2024, 11:33:42 AM (12 days ago) Jun 22
to ywr...@googlegroups.com
Are you by any chance using double-byte language settings in Windows, e.g. Japanese, as well as portuguese?

The other setting is a beta option in Windows which I'll seach for now, but it was known to break accented characters.

Also, make sure you're using yWriter 7

Visit Spacejock Software, the home of yWriter, FCharts and more
Visit spacejock.com.au for my articles on writing and publishing novels.

Simon Haynes

Jun 22, 2024, 11:35:55 AM (12 days ago) Jun 22
to ywr...@googlegroups.com
Check this, as reported by another user:

Settings -> time/region -> language & region -> administrative options
-> edit area scheme-> Beta: Unicode UTF-8 for ... must be OFF!

image.png

Simon Haynes

Jun 22, 2024, 11:36:51 AM (12 days ago) Jun 22
to ywr...@googlegroups.com
yWriter does support Unicode, but it's possible windows thinks it doesn't and that might be why that setting breaks things.