Sorting by last edit

James Spencer

Feb 26, 2024, 3:44:06 PMFeb 26
to yWriter
Is there a way to check when chapters/scenes were last edited or even created? I was hoping to keep track of when I worked on different parts of the project, but can't seem to find any method of doing that automatically.

Peter T.

Mar 2, 2024, 5:35:41 AMMar 2
to yWriter
If it's really crucial for you when you wrote which scene, you could go back to the old version 5.2.1.2.
Here, each scene is saved in its own RTF file, and you can sort the directory by date in the Explorer.

Of course, you have to do without the advantages of the current yWriter version, and you cannot use the yw7 file format, which is actually better. However, it is not enough to create yw5 files with the current yWriter, because in this case, as far as I know, all RTF scene files are created at the same time with the last date.

Simon Haynes

Mar 2, 2024, 6:40:27 AMMar 2
to ywr...@googlegroups.com
The program knows internally the time you modded a scene, but that info isn't saved to the file and is only during the session.

If you look at Tools - Autobackups - View Autobackups you can see when scene snapshots were taken each day.

On Tue, 27 Feb 2024 at 04:44, James Spencer <jmsrecn...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there a way to check when chapters/scenes were last edited or even created? I was hoping to keep track of when I worked on different parts of the project, but can't seem to find any method of doing that automatically.

Visit Spacejock Software, the home of yWriter, FCharts and more
Visit spacejock.com.au for my articles on writing and publishing novels.