Themes

Loni

Jan 22, 2024, 11:56:36 AMJan 22
to yWriter
Is there a place to download the Dark and Gray themes listed in the theme list? I clicked "Folder" and I notice neither Dark nor Gray are in the folder.

I still can't figure out a way to change the text color for the selected/highlighted chapter or scene, and I have 7.1.4.2. I thought I'd try Gray to see if it's better, but I don't have that theme file. I also went to see if I could download 7.1.3.0 to compare the text color, but it doesn't look like it's available anymore.

Simon Haynes

Jan 22, 2024, 12:05:37 PMJan 22
to ywr...@googlegroups.com
The themes should be included in the 'full install' (possibly not the 'update')

I've attached the ones I distribute to this email.  I've also included the one I use, which has a less glaring editor background.

They go into %AppData%\Spacejock Software\yWriter7\Themes

On Tue, 23 Jan 2024 at 00:56, Loni <lo...@lonitownsend.com> wrote:
Is there a place to download the Dark and Gray themes listed in the theme list? I clicked "Folder" and I notice neither Dark nor Gray are in the folder.

I still can't figure out a way to change the text color for the selected/highlighted chapter or scene, and I have 7.1.4.2. I thought I'd try Gray to see if it's better, but I don't have that theme file. I also went to see if I could download 7.1.3.0 to compare the text color, but it doesn't look like it's available anymore.

Visit Spacejock Software, the home of yWriter, FCharts and more
Visit spacejock.com.au for my articles on writing and publishing novels.
Dark.SJTheme
Grey.SJTheme
MineAmber.SJTheme

Loni

Jan 22, 2024, 12:17:09 PMJan 22
to yWriter
Thank you. I appreciate it.

I still can't change that gray text when highlighted, and it looks the same in all the themes, so it's something I will live with for now, as it's more cosmetic than anything.

Simon Haynes

Jan 22, 2024, 1:05:59 PMJan 22
to ywr...@googlegroups.com
Some of the theme colours involve using a user-defined colour and making it darker or lighter, rather than specifying something for every option.

Loni

Jan 22, 2024, 1:11:56 PMJan 22
to yWriter
Is there a particular setting I can change to make the indicated text darker?

selected-text.png

Simon Haynes

Jan 22, 2024, 1:31:05 PMJan 22
to ywr...@googlegroups.com
I'm just adding variables for listhighlightBG and listhighlightFG. They'll default to whatever windows uses.

Loni

Jan 22, 2024, 2:08:36 PMJan 22
to yWriter
Just because I'm annoying and for the sake of record keeping, I did find the 7.1.3.0 link in your change log.

Here is what it looked like before the update. I think it probably did default to whatever windows uses.

selected-text-7130.png
selected-text-7130-2.png

Going back to 7.1.4.2 now...

Simon Haynes

Jan 22, 2024, 2:28:31 PMJan 22
to ywr...@googlegroups.com
Yep, pretty sure mine uses the header colour (which is derived from the list background) for the bar itself, and windows default for the text.  Either that, or it's a 40% lighter version of the bar colour, to ensure they're not the same.

Loni

Jan 23, 2024, 10:25:23 AMJan 23
to yWriter
Thank you for this change. It works beautifully, and I appreciate it.

Simon Haynes

Jan 23, 2024, 10:28:08 AMJan 23
to ywr...@googlegroups.com
That's good to hear. It should have worked like this in the first place, but I never really worried about it.