Small Question

Todd Carnes

Feb 10, 2024, 3:41:04 PMFeb 10
to ywr...@googlegroups.com

I wrote a small scene for a prologue. I see three columns labelled W, S & P. I assume W is the word count and S is a count of the number of scenes in the chapter, but what is P?

I thought P might be paragraphs, but that doesn't make sense when looking at the screenshot below. As you can see below, in this case W & P are the same number. Is P another sort of word count or am I totally wrong about what these letters stand for?

giulia....@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2024, 5:14:33 PMFeb 10
to ywr...@googlegroups.com

Hm… I’m not sure, but as far as I remember, P stands for Project, and it’s the total word count of your whole document so far. The first chapter will have W = P and then P compounds. So, chapter 2 P will be chapter 1 W + chapter 2 W; chapter 3 P will be W1 + W2 + W3 and so on. Correct me if I’m wrong ^^

Giulia

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ywriter/a4913263-282f-4977-a457-9672c96edbab%40gmail.com.

image001.png

Todd Carnes

Feb 10, 2024, 9:51:21 PMFeb 10
to ywr...@googlegroups.com

P for project word count would make sense. Thank you.