great update!

Giulia Fancelli Clifford

Mar 7, 2023, 12:18:16 AM3/7/23
to yWriter App Beta
The update looks good, Liz!

One thing I noticed is that you made the background of the rich editor grey. Thank you for doing it, it makes it easier for me to use the app at night in bed :)

The app works great now, I was able to write on the phone and I was finding it on the computer the following morning. Perfect for when I'm on the go and want to add something to the file quickly! The important thing is to remember to always log off from the computer when I finish with it, and from the phone when I'm done.

One small suggestion: the other day I was writing in bed and fell asleep while I was writing, forgetting to save. Needless to say, when I opened the app again the app had logged out of dropbox and my writing of the previous night had vanished in thin air. Maybe adding an autobackup option in case the phone is put down without saving would be a good idea? I tried to see if there was an autobackup anywhere but I couldn't find it either on drop box or on my phone. Luckily I hadn't managed to write much and I could remember what I wrote, but had I written a good amount I would've been gutted. My fault, I fell asleep, but I admit to it, I'm used to gdocs that saves the files as you type!

Geat work as usual :)

Julia

yWriter Mobile App Support

Mar 8, 2023, 3:56:26 PM3/8/23
to yWriter App Beta
Hi Julia,
Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry to hear you lost progress. Currently, it only saves if you tap save or close the form, but I'm working on a timed autosave feature which should help prevent loss of data in cases like this.
Regards,
Liz